Daniel Lanfear is a trial attorney who handles commercial litigation matters with an increasing emphasis in real estate and trust/estate-related litigation. He also has experience in the areas of general business, environmental, labor and employment, antitrust, trade secret, and oil, gas and mineral law.
- Youth Orchestra of San Antonio, Board Member, 2003
- Board of Adjustment, City of Alamo Heights, former member, 2002
- The Community Clinic, Inc., President, 2000; Board Member, 1997-2001
- Rotary Club of Alamo Heights, 2009-2016
- Named Texas Super Lawyers’ Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, 2004-2005
- Named among San Antonio’s Best Lawyers by S.A. Scene, 2006-2009, 2012
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2022 (Business Litigation)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification
- Admitted, Texas; U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court (San Antonio)
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Elected a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- St. Mary’s University, B.A., 1989
Handles commercial litigation matters with an increasing emphasis in the area of energy law.
General Business, Environmental, Labor and Employment
Well rounded experience to handle almost any need.
Family & Real Estate
Daniel Lanfear is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Daniel Lanfear has been named a 2021 Super Lawyer by Super Lawyer, a Thomson Reuters business. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state … Read more
Successfully prosecuted several lawsuits to clear title to real properties located in Bexar County. Successfully litigated a Carmack Amendment claim that resulted in a monetary settlement for shipper client. Settled a client’s breach of contract and fraud claims stemming from an investment that went badly for the firm’s client. The client was refunded in full, … Read more
Represented a condominium unit owner in a dispute with a neighbor. Secured a summary judgment establishing the client’s ownership of outdoor patio, which ended the litigation early and cost-effectively. Represented a landowner in a dispute with competing mineral interest claimants. The dispute involved the interpretation of a quit claim instrument. A settlement was reached after … Read more